We Fight With Insurance Companies
You’ve paid your insurance premiums, month after month, year after year, so you’ll be protected in the event something happens to you or your family. When such an incident does happen, the last thing you need is to position that you have to fight with your insurance company to get them to honor the benefits they promised you. It is reasonable for an insurance company to investigate and only pay a fair amount on claims. But when they delay or deny coverage for improper motives, Beachside Legal Services makes sure they pay the full value of your claim, plus compensation for any further damages they have caused by their actions.
Insurance companies have an obligation to pay the claims of their policyholders, but as a for-profit industry, they also try to increase profits for their shareholders, they do this by paying out as little as they think they can get away with. Your insurance policy is a contract, which comes with an implied duty of good faith and fair dealing.
Insurance companies can violate this duty in several ways, including:
- Failing to quickly and thoroughly investigate your claim
- Unreasonably delaying the processing your claim
- Denying your claim for an improper reason
- Offering an unreasonably low amount on your claim
- Failing to defend or settle a third-party liability claim against you
- Canceling or Rescinding your policy because you made a claim